Sunday, September 4, 2011

Processes

While I appreciate a picture of a finished quilt as much as the next person, I find the process of quilting most interesting.  I do appreciate the many bloggers who have shared their projects with the rest of us - it has really taught me so much more than I could learn out of a book or magazine.


Yes, I want to know what pattern and fabrics were used but what I really want to know - how did you do it?  What went wrong?  Did it change from the original idea?  Maybe in the future, I will be able to look at a finished piece and "know" how it went together, anticipate the tricky areas and be able to fix mistakes before they happen...but right now, I can't answer those questions myself.


With that in my mind:


The Process Pledge


I, shellimonster, pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear.   I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there.  


(even though I have no processes to share at the moment - when I do, I certainly will).

No comments:

Post a Comment