Monday, September 5, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Like so many children, I grew up with the books of Eric Carle - and my absolute favourite (of course) was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"...so when I saw this fabric, I knew I had to buy it! 

I have seen quite a few Hungry Caterpillar quilts - and I always thought to myself "if only I could make one like that".  I am not sure I will be able to do justice to this fabric but the beauty of it is that it would just be a quilt for me, not as a gift for anyone else - just because I love it...and right now, I think I just need to jump in with a project and give it a go.



I bought one panel of the caterpillar, one panel of the butterfly and whatever they had left of the print fabric - I have a plan in mind, which I will share once I have drawn it out, but I still need to find some more fabric to go with it.


Mr Caterpillar is definitely going to get some embroidery!





I am not actually a huge fan of all the green or primary colours but I accept that is what makes the Hungry Caterpillar so wonderful for children...still, I would prefer to pick up some of the colours below - mainly the pinks, purples & blues in some solids:


And I would be very keen to find a white background, multi-coloured polka dot fabric (with larger polka dots rather than small ones) if such is available.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment